Monday, July 11, 2011

Final Letter before Departing from the MTC to San Diego


July 11, 2011

Family!!!!

I love you all so much and thank you for the pictures of the party! It looks like it was a great time and that's great that Shai came :) A little heads up, you should be expecting a phone call around 630 to 7 am tomorrow morning, because I leave the MTC at 5 so should be through security around then, I’ll be using a phone card but I probably won't be able to talk for too long, because there are plenty of contacting opportunities in the airport:) but I would love to tell you all about my wonderful experiences here at the MTC when I call you and would love to hear your testimonies and how everything is going:)
So this has been an amazing time in my life, I can tell you right now that I have grown and learned so much and I have such a testimony of this gospel and of this work. It truly is His work. something that I’ve come to learn can be found in Alma 26:12 that I truly will boast of my God because as for my strength I am weak but in His strength I know that I can do all things. Also please read Alma 26:16, it is amazing, and can be applied to each of our lives. Prayer can be one of the most amazing experiences we can have if we let it be. If our souls hunger as Enos' and we ask in sincerity as Moroni promises, we can receive answers and revelation, that when we pray, the time we devote to it should not only be asking and thanking the Lord, but listening and acting. As we do so, we will truly come closer to Christ and feel of his love stronger and stronger each and every day. The Atonement is real and I know it is with all my heart, and we can feel its power in our everyday lives. One sister told a story in sacrament meeting about when she climbed Provo Mountain, rock climb, not hike, and halfway she felt like she couldn't do it so she prayed and received comfort. Christ suffered every pain and affliction for us, he truly knows how to succor us, and when we look back upon life's "mountains" we can truly see His hand in our lives and see much he helped us and strengthened us through our time of need. The hymn how great thou art is truly one of the most amazing hymns, please ponder its words and let them sink into your hearts.
Also in our fireside, by Richard Heaton, I learned a lot about repentance, that it is truly a way of life, not just a single event. It originated from the Hebrew-shub-meaning to turn towards God and away from our sins, and then the Greek translation comes from Metanioa-which is a change of mind, a fresh view about God, oneself, and the world. Then the Latin word is paenitiere- or as we know, penitence, then the word became repentance thanks to William Tyndale who translated the Bible and practically invented the word. He wanted the word to show all aspects of every meaning of the word and it goes to show that repentance is a positive thing; it is not or does not have to be viewed as a negative thing. God gave us weaknesses, He gave these to us so that we can humble ourselves and come to him, and then He makes "weak things become strong" Ether 12:27. When we truly turn to God and change, our lives will be blessed on a daily basis.
Well family I love you all dearly and you are all in my prayers, thank you for your support and for all your love. I can't wait to talk to you all bright and early! Again it will be around 645 ish or 7 so be ready :) I love this gospel and I love the Lord, I cannot wait to get out into the field and "get to work!” I am excited to serve Him and give my all every day. Again I love you all dearly

Love, Elder Aaron Jordan Lloyd

No comments:

Post a Comment