Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Email from Aaron on August 16, 2011


Hello,                                                                                                              August 16, 2011

I had the opportunity to go to the San Diego Temple today, wow what an amazing and beautiful House of the Lord. The spirit is so strong there and it was truly an amazing experience. Being there testified to me of the divinity of our Heavenly Father's plan for us. I know that we are all where we are for specific reasons and purposes. That we each accepted this plan before we came to this earth and as we turn to the Lord for guidance and strength to do His will, He will guide us and direct us to the path that He wants us to be on. It may not be the easiest path, but we will be blessed and come closer to Him on that journey.

In sacrament meeting and in my personal studies the things that keep standing out to me are the sacrament prayers, I've been studying in Moroni and they are one of the first things that he testifies about. That the administration of the sacrament is done how Christ commanded and how He administered it, so we know that it is true. And "always remember[ing] Him" are the words that consistently stick out to me. In each of our lives, every minute of every day we can truly remember Him and show our gratitude for the things which He has blessed us with.

I will be in the Alpine area for 6 more weeks, I am not being transferred and I am truly grateful for this. I know that I have been called to the Alpine area to build His kingdom upon the earth. I am so blessed and grateful that I have been trusted with a portion of the Lord's vineyard, and with that trust comes my responsibility, I will continue to labor diligently and serve him with all my heart, might, mind and strength. I love this gospel and I know that it is true. I love you all so very much and you are all in my prayers.

Love,
Elder Aaron Jordan Lloyd

No comments:

Post a Comment