Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Email from Aaron on August 9, 2011


Hello,

I was reading through the family proclamation this morning and one aspect is that parents have a sacred responsibility to teach their children to work. I am truly grateful that you as parents have reared me in righteousness and taught me how to work. I am so blessed that I have been raised in this gospel and have righteous parents that have taught me and raised me the best way that they knew how; with the teachings of the gospel of Jesus Christ. Something that I learned in District Meeting is that in order for each of us to progress as missionaries (and in our daily lives and in this gospel) we must set goals for ourselves. It is vitally important to our achievement and success. But goals must be specific; they must be HARD goals, now this stands for:

Heartfelt-we must be committed to this goal and want to achieve it with all our hearts.

Animated-we must have a vision of the goal being completed and pray for the abilities.. .

Required- to achieve that goal, and finally the goal itself must be

Difficult-specific- because easy things don't inspire the imagination, difficult things do.

As our goals are difficult it allows us to stretch ourselves and reach that potential and ultimately grow as individuals. I have been setting goals for myself daily to grow and hopefully to become an instrument in the Lord's hands.

This was my first fast Sunday out here in Alpine and it was wonderful. The testimonies were so pure and heartfelt and the spirit was so incredibly strong in that meeting. A couple of things that stood out to me were that as children of our Heavenly Father in this day we are under attack by the adversary, he is sending forth his mighty winds and he knows exactly how to attack us, but also that our Heavenly Father gives us trials in order for us to grow in order for us to be tested to see if we will turn to Him and look to Him for help. The greater the trial the greater the glory. These trials in this life are individual and we have to handle them as individuals. Can you imagine how Christ felt as He walked to Gethsemane? When he fell on His face in pain he kept suffering and said "nevertheless not my will, but thine be done". Nothing that we may experience in this life is as difficult as what Christ went through for us, He can help us, if we but turn to Him and have faith in Him.

Thank you for the thought of the week, charity truly is the pure love of Christ and we can experience this and attain this through sincere prayer and dedicated, heartfelt service. Which leads me to my thought of the week that comes from one of the family favorites, TOTW: How do we change the world? One Act of Random Kindness at a time. I know that as we seek for these opportunities to serve others and bring them closer to Christ this world can be changed. As members of the Church, others look at us, they see something in us. We can show them what that is, the blessing of this gospel. Thank you for your support and love and I send it right back, I love you all very much and you are in my thoughts and prayers.

Love,
Elder Aaron Jordan Lloyd

No comments:

Post a Comment