Tuesday, October 4, 2011

October 4, 2011 email from Aaron

Dear Family,
I was really glad to get the pictures and videos. It is so great to see all of you and know that you are doing well and Nolie is getting so big! I can't believe it! She can walk and she is absolutely adorable! Thank you for the videos and pictures I really appreciate it, it's always great to hear from you.
Training Elder McGee is going great, he is an amazing missionary and he definitely has "the fire" so I'm doing my absolute best to fan that fire. He is from Boise Idaho and is ready to "get to work!" I love him, he's an awesome missionary. Also as for training, I am also District Leader on top of that so things are getting interesting, The trust that the Lord has in me is great, and I will work as hard as I can to live up to that sacred trust. It is a great opportunity, responsibility and blessing and Elder McGee and I are going to do our absolute best and be exactly obedient in this the Lord's work.
I learned so much from conference, We were able to watch the sessions at our stake center in El Cajon, which is about 15 miles away from our apartment, so it's not bad at all and we really enjoyed each session. The things that stood out to me throughout conference were that He is there, He hears our prayers and we are never alone in this world. In this life we each have our own personal Gethsemane's but we are not alone, He is with us through it all. I really loved the counsel we received from our beloved prophet President Thomas S. Monson regarding the promptings of the spirit, we need to "recognize it, trust it, and follow it". I know that I am striving to do just that in my daily life and in this work. Those three steps require faith, work and diligence but I know that following them and the spirit will bless this work and I truly believe we all can apply this counsel to our daily lives. I know that President Monson is a prophet of God and as we heed and follow His words, we will each be led closer to our eternal destinies. He shared a scripture that is also my TOTW and it is found in Isaiah 41:10 it says "Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea I will help thee; yea. I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness." I testify of the truthfulness of these words, that He will lift us and strengthen us and help us as we seek His help, and as we live according to His will; keeping our covenants and living them and living and keeping His commandments. I know that this is the true church, I bear witness that the counsel we received can and will help us, and it came from the Lord. I love you all dearly and keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Thank you for your continued support and prayers on my behalf, I feel them in my daily life. I believe in Christ, so come what may, I will go where He wants me to go and do what He wants me to do and be who He wants me to be.
Love always, your son,
Elder Aaron Jordan Lloyd
I don't necessarily need anything at the present time, maybe some CD's for the truck like one clear voice or some LDS music that directs our thoughts toward the savior, or Truman G Madsen or other talks or sermons if you have them. Those are more wants than needs though. Know of my love and support for each of you in your daily lives, Christ lives, and He is with us every step of the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment