Friday, December 30, 2011

Aaron's email December 27, 2011

Dear Family,
It was truly wonderful to hear all of your voices on Christmas, it was a blessing being able to talk to all. I am sad that i missed grandma and grandpa Anderson but please send them my love. The time i will be able to watch that "We bought a zoo" movie will be when i get back, that's probably not church approved media for the mission. But i really like that bravery quote, it touched my heart and I will work on becoming more brave daily. Like you said, when meeting people that's all it takes, 20 seconds to share the gospel and it can change their lives. I truly experienced that with our experience with Korina this past week.
I have been able to meet a few of our investigators and they are wonderful people, Herbert is a great man and is a part-member family. He knows a lot about the gospel and has a few concerns that we are working with him on. James is 13 and is a rambunctious youth, great young man and he loves to read. I am also still meeting many members of the wards up here, Christmas was a hectic day but i look forward to this coming Sunday and to continue to meet the members. My companion and I will also be giving talks in one of the wards this Sunday as well!
I can testify to you of the power of prayer. I'd like to share President Monson's quote from the December Ensign about prayer but before that I know that God hears and answers our prayers. Being in a new area, not necessarily knowing the people or the area, prayer is the biggest tool that i have and it is communication with our Father in Heaven. He loves us and when we communicate openly and honestly(now communication entitles the wonderful principle of listening) we can receive strength and answers to our heartfelt prayers. Which brings me now to that wonderful story of the man who prayed for his son who had been lost in the woods for two days and he was led literally to the location of his son. President Monson has said to "those within the sound of my voice who are struggling with challenges and difficulties large and small, prayer is the provider of spiritual strength; it is the passport to peace (i really enjoy that phrase, take some time to ponder that this week) Prayer is the means by which we approach our Father in Heaven who loves us. Speak to him in prayer and then listen for the answer. Miracles are wrought through prayer". I can testify of the truthfulness of the power of prayer and of the words of President Monson. They are modern scripture and are for our profit and learning and will bring us closer to our Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. Also ponder the significance of the word that we say at the end of our prayers, "amen". As defined in the Bible Dictionary it means: firm, true. The word is used to denote acceptance or truthfulness. Amen was the proper response of a person to whom an oath was administered. That last sentence has great significance in relation to the sacrament. When we accept that oath, that renewal of that covenant, we promise to keep those covenants and those promises.
I love each of you and thank you for your support and your kindness and it was great to hear from you and know that i know that Christ lives, He is our Savior and i again promise you that as you pray, the Lord will put those individuals into your hearts, minds and paths that He wants you to bring to the gospel in some way. This is the Lords work, and I am truly blessed to be able to be in the service of the Lord. I thank you again for everything that you have done for me in my life, i owe who i have become to each of you and to your examples for me. Know that I love you and the Lord loves you, that He is always there, He is always listening. May we each "cleave unto God as [He] cleaveth unto you"(Jacob 6). He will never forsake you. You are His children. I continue to keep each of you in my prayers.
Love,
Elder Aaron Jordan Lloyd

No comments:

Post a Comment